- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry, May 1968, Northeast Louisiana University, Monroe, Louisiana
- Master of Science Degree in Chemistry, August 1969, Northeast Louisiana University, Monroe, Louisiana
- Master of Arts Degree in Criminal Justice (Criminalistics Concentration), August 1977, Northeast Louisiana University, Monroe, Louisiana
- Juris Doctor Degree, May 1983, Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Two years primary training in the Questioned Document Section of the Georgia State Crime Laboratory, Atlanta, Georgia (1972-1974)
- FBI Academy, Questioned Document Seminar (July 1974)
- Georgetown University, Washington, D.C. – Document Examination Program (July 1974)
- Institute of Paper Chemistry, Appleton. Wisconsin, Watermark Paper Analysis Seminar (1973)
- Annual Forensic Document Examiner Workshops in Various Specialized Areas
- Law Enforcement Training Seminars
- Government, Civic and Professional Organizations
- “Guided Hand Signature Research“, Journal of Police Science & Administration; Vol. 5, No. 2, June 1977, pp. 227-231.
- “Handwritten Entry Research“, Journal of Forensic Sciences, Forensic Science International; Vol. 14, January 1980, pp. 159-164.
- “The Effects of Marijuana and Alcohol Usage on Handwriting“, Forensic Science International Vol. 14, January 1987, pp.121-129.
- “Improving Your Photostatic Court Exhibits“, International Journal of Forensic Document Examiners, Vol. 2, No 1, January/March 1996, pp. 48-52.
- “The Tooth Forger“, International Journal of Forensic Document Examiners, Vol.3, No. 3, July/Sept 1997, pp 272-275.
Professional Papers Presented:
- Numerous papers presented – Titles furnished upon request.
- Diplomate of the American Board of Forensic Document Examiners, Inc. (ABFDE).
- The scientific examination of handwriting, hand printing, alterations, obliterations, indented writing, typewritten and machine made documents, photostatic copies, ink and paper analysis, dating and other related document problems.
- American Society of Questioned Document Examiners
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences (Fellow)
- Southeastern Association of Forensic Document Examiners
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Journal of Forensic Science
- Journal of the American Society of Questioned Document Examiners
- International Journal of Forensic Document Examiners
Experience: Since 1972
- Forensic Document Examiner for the North Louisiana Criminalistics Laboratory System.
- Agencies Served: U. S. Postal Service, ATF (Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms), Secret Service, OSI (Department of Defense- Office of Special Investigations), Department of Welfare, U.S. Department of Justice, FBI, IRS, U.S. Department of Agriculture, U.S. Customs, Department of Defense (Judge Advocates Office-Prosecution and Defense Counsel), U.S. Department of Immigrations, Louisiana Attorney General’s Office, Louisiana State Police, Louisiana Department of Revenue and Taxation, Department of Labor, Parish Sheriff’s Departments, City Police Departments, Public Defender’s Offices, District Attorney’s Offices, District and Municipal Judge’s Offices, Criminal Defense Counsel.
- Civil Litigations
- Investigative and Internal Security Problems
- Corporate Security
- Insurance Companies
- State Agencies
- Attorneys, Legal Aid Services.
Qualified and testified as an expert in questioned document examinations over 500 times involving Civil and Criminal matters in Federal, District, Circuit, Chancery, Municipal and Military Courts in Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee and Florida.
August 26, 1999; State of Louisiana vs. no. 35012 Lazzar Rossie Mcelroy, 3rd JDC, Union Parish, Louisiana.
February 15, 2008; State of Louisiana vs. no. 06-6329 Vincent J. Marinello, 24th JDC, Jefferson Parish, Louisiana.
- Deborah N. Foley- Forensic Document Examiner ABFDE Board Certified.
- Deidra Foley Adair-Trainee.
- Susan T. Foley-Trainee.
Reference List Available Upon Request